Saturday, April 16, 2011

Painted Floors

Today we have been installing the wood floor in the laundry room. I have been pulled in so many directions trying to settle on a finish.
I love a painted floor, and having had them in the past, I know they can be a bit of work to keep up, but so worth it.
My dilema is stripes, diamonds, white or  faded-distressed-chippy-layered-greyed-down-a-bit????

They are all so beautiful, how can a girl choose!!

I love the distressed look that has many layers of faded paint. But, I've done the math....
I won't live that long to see that many times painted over!!!

So I have taken matters into my own hands.

The first layer on the sample board has been done. Hubby has the floor installed, and tomorrow I will add the next layer to the test board.

I can't show you until it is all completed, but so far I love it.

Hubby can't figure it out. I use my Olay faithfully everyday, you know the one that fights 7 signs of aging...

Yet I want an aged, distressed floor!!!

We decided on a six inch wide plank and it came at .48 a foot. Great price and perfect for our purposes.

The laundry room is nine by eleven, and the boards came in fourteen foot lengths. This means minimal waste and fewer cuts.


Enjoy these images and I will post pics of the floor when we are done.

Back to work...........

No comments:

Post a Comment